Thursday, March 05, 2015

Funny Story

 A couple, actually.  First, my Christmas Cactus' internal clock is completely messed up; it started budding about a week ago:



This was yesterday...



How cute is that?!  We're averaging temps in the 80's, but I guess that one cold spell awakened some primal need to bloom within it...

And...

When, in a thoroughly un-American move, Hershey sued to ban British chocloates Cadbury being sold here in the states, I revolted a bit and ordered a box of Cadbury. Its creamy goodness knows no equal, especially in the sweetly acidic crap Hershey calls chocolate.

I'm allergic to it.

Let that sink in a moment. I'm allergic to chocolate?  After I eat a piece all around my mouth turns red and even flaky, like I have chapped lips. Weird, huh?

Oh, sweet irony.

Last, but definitely not least in the humiliation department...

I walk 2 to 3 miles a day, so when a 5k popped up locally I thought HOW FUN and told the hub. He wanted in as well.

Of course I chickened out, big time. Wimped out. Scared so bad I almost cried. So I entered the 'virtual runner' category. At least they'll get the entry fee.  But what the hell? Guess that's what happens when an introvert thinks about walking alongside a bunch of other people.

Ugh. Yes, humiliation.

Well, tomorrow is another day...

No comments: